Innoprise Corporation Sdn. Bhd.
IntroductionThe contributions of Yayasan Sabah Group to the State of Sabah and its people are not limited to education and social development. In the commercial and industrial sectors, it is acknowledged as a pioneer, leader, innovator and facilitator of growth. Innoprise Corporation Sdn. Bhd. (ICSB) was incorporated in 1988 as an investment vehicle, cum management and holding company of Yayasan Sabah's group of companies. Its mission, "To Be the Investment Vehicle of Yayasan Sabah Group of Companies for a Better Future of Malaysians in Sabah" is a clear message of its steadfast commitment to fulfil its corporate objectives in supplementing and complementing the government's efforts to bring socioeconomic progress of the people. To sustain its effective role as the main generator of funds for the Group, ICSB has expanded its income generation base from traditional forestry and wood-based sectors to include other productive sectors. Instead of this, it has diversified into businesses such as tourism, agro plantation as well as oil and gas.
To pursue a financial position of Yayasan Sabah Group that can sustainably finance its operations and social programmes through the following strategies:-
- To establish or develop sound financial assets that bring about impactful and consistent returns, cash flow and dividend payout to Yayasan Sabah Group.
- To exercise prudent asset allocation based on the Yayasan Sabah Group’s strengths and external opportunities to bring about acceptable yields and growths to Yayasan Sabah Group's assets and investments.
- To identify and acquire new potential financial assets, investments, or businesses as future profit contributors to Yayasan Sabah Group and/or for the creation of jobs opportunities to the local population.
- To monitor and review the performance of the portfolio of assets and investments of Yayasan Sabah Group to ensure that their yields and growth rates are acceptable.
- To review, rationalise, and restructure the portfolio of assets and investments of Yayasan Sabah Group for improved performance and better growth to the financial position of Yayasan Sabah Group.
To pursue maximum financial returns and with acceptable risks through the following strategies:-
- To review and re-classify core businesses and priority sectors based on the Yayasan Sabah Group’s strengths and external opportunities as well as their contribution to the Yayasan Sabah Group’s financial position.
- To evaluate and transform non-profitable companies of Yayasan Sabah Group into financially profitable and impactful companies.
- To explore the possibility of transforming non-profitable cost centres into financially sustainable entities.
- To explore the possibility of transforming non-profitable assets such as land banks into sustainable income generating assets.
- To identify and explore new potential businesses and ventures for possible investment based on their contribution to the Yayasan Sabah Group’s financial position and the Group's strengths and priorities.
To pursue a high degree of efficiency, effectiveness, and productivity.
To achieve market growth and diversification in local and overseas markets for ICSB's marine produce, handicrafts, tourism products, and properties.
To achieve a high degree of integrity, efficiency, effectiveness, and professionalism amongst its staff.
Research & Development
To be a leader in the Research & Development of oil palm, reforestation, conservation, environmental sustainability, biotech, and agro-fishery sectors.